After a competitive process, the State of Idaho has selected HP to procure the 1:1 laptop devices. The device is the HP ProBook 4440s.
Idaho signed a contract with HP on October 23, 2012. HP and the Idaho State Department of Education will now work together to develop a detailed plan for deploying devices, professional development and other services for teachers and principals in this first school year as well as scheduling the deployment of devices to students next school year and in future years.
The Idaho State Department of Education estimates high school teachers will begin receiving devices near the beginning of the spring semester along with professional development opportunities throughout the spring and summer.
Idaho has contracted with HP for a managed service that includes the following:
- HP ProBook 4440s device
- Maintenance of devices
- Security on devices
- Technology support for devices
- Professional development for teachers and school administrators
- Wireless infrastructure in every Idaho high school
The statewide contract includes:
- 3% spare devices for students to swap out immediately in case a device needs maintenance. Any devices that are broken or damaged will be repaired at HP’s Boise campus.
- Batteries that last the length of the school day.
- Wireless in every Idaho high school by December 2013. The first one-third of schools scheduled to receive devices for students in Fall 2013 will be equipped with wireless infrastructure before school begins next year.
- Professional development provided by HP, in partnership with Idaho Digital Learning Academy.
- Microsoft Office Professional on every device. In addition, the standard image on the device will be customizable for each district.
- Content filtering and anti-virus software
- 7 GB of cloud storage and collaboration space
- 4-year warranty on every device