The forums will provide information and seek input on K-12 education issues in Idaho. Task Force Chair and State Board of Education member Richard Westerberg will update participants on the progress of the Task Force, which has been meeting since January, and will share initial strategies and recommendations being discussed by the group.
“This is an opportunity for all stakeholders to learn about what the Task Force has been working on and to offer feedback and ideas about education in our state,” said Westerberg. “We hope to get the input of a broad cross section of the public including parents, students, educators and civic leaders.”
Forums will be held at the following locations:
- Wednesday, April 10, 6:30 p.m. Nampa High School Little Theatre, 203 Lake Lowell, Nampa, ID 83686
- Thursday, April 11, 6:30 p.m. O’Leary Middle School auditorium (Twin Falls), 2350 Elizabeth Blvd., Twin Falls, ID 83301
- Monday, April 15, 6:30 p.m. Meriwether Lewis Hall (MLH) Room 100, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID 83501
- Tuesday, April 16, 6:30 p.m. Lake Coeur d’Alene Room, North Idaho College Student Union Building,
- Monday, April 22, 6:30 p.m. Tingey Auditorium, University Place, 1776 Science Center Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- Tuesday, April 23, 6:30 p.m. Century High School, 7801 W. Diamondback Dr., Pocatello, ID 83204
- Thursday, April 25, 6:30 p.m. Lincoln Auditorium, Idaho Capitol Building, 700 W. Jefferson, Boise, ID 83720
The community forums in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho Falls and Boise will be streamed on the web by Idaho Public Television.
Those not able to attend one of the forums can provide feedback and comments via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.